School Counselor’s Corner
Please contact our School Counselor, Meredith Larsen at
or through the Heather School Office 650-508-7303
for information regarding resources and school support. Mrs.
Larsen is at Heather on Mondays and Thursdays.
Meredith Larsen shares her time between Heather and Arundel Elementary Schools. She has a masters degree in Counseling with an emphasis in School Counseling (Pupil Personnel Services Teaching Credential) from San Francisco State University. She also has a bachelor’s degree in Sociology from the University of California, Santa Barbara.
Mrs. Larsen’s role includes:
- Classroom Life-Skill Lessons (Social and Emotional Learning (SEL) Lessons) Click Here to See What’s New This Month with the elementary Life-Skill Program
- Conflict Resolution and Restorative Practices between students
- Playground observation and problem-solving
- Student Success Team (SST) support
- *Small Groups Social and Emotional Learning (Friendship Groups)
- *Small Groups with specialized topics, such as grief, changing families and divorce
- Consultation and collaboration with parents, teachers, staff, and community agencies
- Crisis intervention
*written parent permission is required for ongoing small group participation
Life-Skill Lessons of the Month 2013-2014
November- December: Compassion
January-February: Leadership (anti-bullying lessons)