Meet Wendy Salazar
Ms. Wendy Salazar, our School Counselor has many roles at Heather School, including:
- Visiting all classrooms weekly for social and emotional learning lessons. Using a curriculum called Second Step, students learn about rules for the classroom and playground, feelings and emotions, self-regulation skills, and problem solving skills.
- Supporting students on the playground through conflict resolution and offering a weekly lunch bunch group where students play organized games.
- Consulting with parents and teachers to help with social and emotional concerns.
- Facilitating small group sessions for students on special topics such as social skills, coping skills, changing families/divorce, self-esteem, emotional regulation, and grief. Parent permission and teacher approval is required for small group participation.
- Short term one on one student counseling
- Coordinating the school-wide kindness week challenge and end of the year transitioning lessons to students moving on to middle school.
- Providing referrals and resources for students and families needing extra support.
Parents are welcome to contact Ms. Wendy by email or through the school office.
- Wendy Salazar
- School Counselor, MSW, PPSC, LCSW
- Heather Elementary School
- 650-508-7303 Heather Office M-F 8:00-3:00pm
Check It Out
Take a look at this video on 5 keys to social and emotional learning success.
Learn more here about the SCSD Counseling and Mental Health.
Here’s a list of children’s books that support social emotional learning.